Benefits of Psychological Testing
- In complex situations, it allows for the confusion to be understood and for a cogent treatment plan to be developed.
- It can help identify reasons why intellectual potential may not have been realized and demonstrated in the educational setting.
- If already involved in therapy, psychological testing can be used to determine progress and to chart additional areas needing to be addressed in order to attain treatment goals.
- Comprehensive assessments can also offer valuable information to treating physicians with regard to present emotional status in consideration of medication regimens.
- It can help us understand the functions that are involved in intellectual thought, management of intellect, educational achievement, emotional problem solving, and regulation of feelings.
- Psychological testing can often identify subtle differences in the diagnostic presentation so that the right treatment is initiated.